Alpine 2.3.0 released
The Alpine Linux project is pleased to announce immediate availablity of version 2.3 of its Alpine Linux operating system.
This release introduces several new features:
- A new Linux kernel based on 3.0.
- GCC 4.6.
- Improved setup scripts with tools for helping configure local config backup location and package manager cache.
- Preliminary support for booting from encrypted LVM partitions.
- Busybox has been upgraded to version 1.19.2 with shell history search (with ctrl-r).
- Unbound DNS resolver with DNSSEC support.
- setup-bootable now uses UUID by default.
- Better multi-ISP support in pingu with support for ppp and dhcp using.
- PostgreSQL has been upgraded to 9.1.
- Kamailio has been upgraded to 3.2.
- "apk search" now does wildcard search by default.
- New ISO image for iSCSI targets: alpine-scst.